This year for the month of November we made these thanks and giving trees. Each day we put up a leaf on each tree. One tree is for all the things we are thankful for and the other is for the ways we served. It was nice to focus on the blessing of being thankful and to make a specific effort to serve each day. A thankful heart is a happy heart and giving service blesses our own lives in countless ways. I am thankful for this special time of year!
In the words of my favorite Veggie Tales song:
I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground,
For His love that's all around,
That's why I say thanks every day!
Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cause He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks ever day!
No comments:
Post a Comment