Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Drew's Birthday

Drew had a super fun birthday.  It all started out with finding out he had strep throat.  Despite that, he was in high spirits all day.  It was fun to see such a happy boy.  He played and sang all day long.  When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he just said "fruit snacks."
Drew has this bright-eyed expression a lot. He sure makes us smile!
He got some t-ball stuff, a little superman with superdog and bubbles.  It's amazing what a few bubbles can do to entertain a kid!   He slept with superdog for several nights.  He was so proud of his baseball glove.  

Drew wanted a cookie cake with pink frosting this year.  He helped make it (he loves to help me bake) and he decorated it himself.  The chocolate chips spell out D-3.  It was a yummy cake!  Drew you are a super kid!!!  
Now that Drew is finally 3, he is always saying "Now I three, I almost four!"  He can't wait!  

Drew likes:
-to sing!  He is always singing something.  Some of his favorites are Scripture Power, 
I Am a Child of God, Apples and Bananas and a zillion others.
-to fight.  He loves to pretend he's fighting all the time!
-sticks. He stockpiles them.  He can find a cool stick anywhere.
-stories.  He wants to read books and listen to stories all the time.  My brain has a very difficult time coming up with enough adventures for our "Once there was a boy named Drew," stories.
-flying.  When we are driving in the car he asks, "Mom, we flying?"  Then we become a jet, a rocket, or his very favorite, a helicopter.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep collecting those sticks...!! I will trade sticks with you any time. I might show you a few trick things to make of your sticks.