We tried something new for general conference this year. We made a chart of important words that might be mentioned and posted it. When the kids heard a word during the morning sessions they could put a sticker next to it. The afternoon sessions were a little more exiting with the addition of treats. I think Spencer especially liked Elder Bednar's talk on Temples! A treat for every time he said temple! My hope is that this sugary activity will help him remember how important temples are. =-)
Choosing what to have next.
Drew just heard another word on the list.
Spencer finally got the treat bowl away from dad.
I think Travis loved this activity as much (or more) then the boys!
We finished off the candy before the first hour but Spencer sat with me in the rocking chair for quite awhile and listened. It was great! Much better than I expected from my boys. I was able to listen better too because the boys were focused and happy! At least better than usual.
We also had the boys working on a conference packet. They enjoyed checking to see the color of everyones tie. Another favorite activity we didn't do this year was to have the kids circle who is speaking in the previous conference Ensign. They use a different color marker for each session.
2 comments:
Great job making conference a childs activity also. We sure are blessed to have such great speakers and many delivery options to hear them. Tell Spencer and Dreww Congratulations on earning so many treats.
PaPa Lenny
We did the treat bowl too, but quickly realized that we needed to make some adjustments so we didn't all have a sugar rush the entire weekend. It was lots of fun and the kids loved listening for special words. I like the chart idea. Then they have to practice their reading also!
Post a Comment