Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be-
I had a mother who read to me.
-Strickland Gillilan
I love this quote. I remember all four of us kids laying in our beds in the room we all shared listening to mom read. She would sit in the doorway where she could have a little light from the hall. She read us many good books from there. She made up stories too. I will always remember Felicia and Rosy, the two fairies she would tell us stories about. What fun adventures we would have with them! I don't tell stories as well as mom, but when I do they usually have a rescue hero or two in them. My boys love to help save the day! More often I just read a book. Right now we are reading the Magic School Bus chapter books. I am thankful for the good memories I have of my mom reading to me. Thanks mom, for reading to us.
1 comment:
Good job.
Post a Comment