I updated this post with responses from Spencer, Travis, Nana and Max because Papa Lenny tagged them and they don't have their own blogs! So....Here is a little Christmas Tag. Copy and paste this post, change your answers and then tag 5 people.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Rebekah-Wrapping Paper. It's way more fun to watch people rip open.Travis-Gift bag.Spencer-Wrapping paper, because I like to rip it.Nancy-Wrapping paper is more fun.
Max-Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Rebekah-Real tree. I haven't had a real tree since I got married but our goal is next year!Travis-Depends on what part of the country you live in.Spencer-Fake, just because.
Nancy-Real tree if I don't have to clean up after it!
Max-Real.3. When do you put up the tree? Rebekah-Sometime between black Friday or Dec. 1st. My dad always tried to get us to wait until his birthday, Dec. 17th, but I could never stand to wait that long. As a kid, picking out the tree was part of his present. Getting the tree up is what really gets me feeling Christmasy!Travis-In Dec.Spencer-Maybe on Dec.1.Nancy-First part of Dec.
Max-After Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Rebekah-Jan. 1st.Travis-Jan.Spencer-Maybe on Jan. 3rd.Nancy-Day after Christmas!Max-Whenever.
5. Do you like eggnog? Rebekah-Not usually, but we bought some pumpkin egg nog this year, and YUM!Travis-Yes, a little bit.
Spencer-Yes, Drew does too.Nancy-YES!!!Max-Yes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rebekah-I really don't have a favorite. I just love to be with my family!Travis-A catcher's mitt.
Spencer-My hot wheels track.Nancy-a plastic appaloosa horse.Max-Drum set.7. Hardest person to buy for? Rebekah-My brother Sam. I have no idea what excites him.Travis-Everybody.
Spencer-Maybe Daddy.Nancy-TravisMax-Mom cuz she always asks for cleaning stuff and I don't want to get something to work with. Sam's hard too.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Rebekah-I don't really know, maybe Drew. He's 2 and easy to please.Travis-Everybody.
Spencer-BriaNancy-Kids! Megan too.Max-Megan, Dad too, but sometimes he asks for it then buys it for himself before Christmas!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Rebekah-Yes! I love to put up all my nativities. What a beautiful reminder and way to celebrate our Savior's birth. Travis-Yes, one from 2006 and one from 2008 that I shot.Spencer-Yes.Nancy-Yes I do.Max-No way.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Rebekah-What's that?Travis-Uh, neither.
Spencer-I like to send Christmas cards.Nancy-Neither! I send a few cards.Max-Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Rebekah-I have never received a bad gift. I have always felt loved and that's the best gift of all!Travis-Uh, um, ummm, no comment.
Spencer-I can't think of any.Nancy-I don't remember. I like just about anything.Max-Leaf blower, but I did ask for it and I do use it. It just involves work!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rebekah-That's hard! I love Christmas movies. White Christmas, Charlie Brown's Christmas, and Joy to the World are a few at the top of my list.Travis-The one I'm writing.
Spencer-Heman Christmas Special.Nancy-White Christmas. I like Come to the Stable too.Max-Christmas story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Rebekah-No set time, whenever the mood hits or I see the perfect gift.Travis-Dec. 23rd.
Spencer-Maybe in November.Nancy-October.Max-Usually Christmas Eve.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Rebekah-Probably.Travis-Yes.
Spencer-No.Nancy-Heavens yes!Max-Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Rebekah-I love to make Chinese Clusters at Christmas time. What don't I like to eat??? =)Travis-Peppermint ice cream.Spencer-Christmas cookies.
Nancy-Peppermint ice cream and eggnog.Max-Chinese clusters and Dreyer's peppermint ice cream.
16. Lights on the tree? Rebekah-Definitely!!!Travis-Sure.Spencer-Yes.Nancy-Yes.Max-Yeah, of course.
17. Colored or White? Rebekah-Colored. I love the variety and the cheerfulness of lots of color.Travis-Yes.
Spencer-Colored because it looks more pretty!Nancy-Colored.Max-White18. Favorite Christmas song? Rebekah-I love O Holy Night along with about a million others!Travis-Little Drummer Boy.Spencer-I don't have one. No! Jingle Bells!Nancy-Every day it changes! That's hard because I like them all.Max-Bah humbug! Just kidding. White Christmas.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Rebekah-I prefer to be home but I love to be with family so sometimes that means travel....Travis-Sometimes both.
Spencer-Travel because it's more fun with more family.Nancy-Stay home.Max-Stay home, maybe if I traveled I'd like it!
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Rebekah-Sometimes. Other times I just can't get them all.Travis-Rudolph and that's about it.Spencer-Francer, Dancer, Dixon, Conner, Cupid, Rudolph. That's all the ones I know.Nancy-No. Megan can.Max-Yes.21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Rebekah-I love a star. It seems to say to me 'Look for Jesus here.'Travis-No preference.
Spencer-Star! It's like it's Jesus' birth.Nancy-If I could find an angel I like it would probably be an angel, but it has to be a special one.Max-Star.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Rebekah-Christmas morning. We open one present to the family Christmas eve.Travis-Morning.Spencer-One present on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas Day.Nancy-Morning I guess. I like them both so it doesn't really matter to me.Max-One on Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rebekah-The chaos.Travis-Commercialization.
Spencer-I guess I don't have anything to say.Nancy-Crowds.Max-Cold.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Rebekah-This year I added snowflakes on our tree. Our tree isn't the prettiest, but I love it because it's a hodge-podge of the kids crafts, memories and lots of colors!Travis-Red and green.Spencer-I like a painted white Christmas tree.
Nancy-Gold garland.Max-White lights and blue bobbles.
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Rebekah-I don't remember having special Christmas dinners, we always made a bigger deal of Christmas Eve dinner. As a kid it was usually pizza, but the past few years we've had more of a mexican theme with tamales. I love it!!!!Travis-Whatever is cooked with love!Spencer-A turkey.Drew says turkeys too.Nancy-Anything I don't have to make myself.Max-Tamales and eggs over easy.26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Rebekah-To be with family and to know the people I love are safe and happy!Travis-I already sent a letter to Santa, it's a secret so only he knows. Spencer-Some more hot wheels cars. (Before Christmas he would have said a gameboy and a harness.)Nancy-Little People garage, clothes.Max-My CD deck installed in my truck, MP3 player, Playstation, and Dark Knight.I tag you dad!
I updated this post with responses from Spencer, Travis, Nana and Max because Papa Lenny tagged them and they don't have their own blogs! So....Here is a little Christmas Tag. Copy and paste this post, change your answers and then tag 5 people.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Rebekah-Wrapping Paper. It's way more fun to watch people rip open.
Travis-Gift bag.
Spencer-Wrapping paper, because I like to rip it.
Nancy-Wrapping paper is more fun.
Max-Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Rebekah-Real tree. I haven't had a real tree since I got married but our goal is next year!
Travis-Depends on what part of the country you live in.
Spencer-Fake, just because.
Nancy-Real tree if I don't have to clean up after it!
Max-Real.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Rebekah-Sometime between black Friday or Dec. 1st. My dad always tried to get us to wait until his birthday, Dec. 17th, but I could never stand to wait that long. As a kid, picking out the tree was part of his present. Getting the tree up is what really gets me feeling Christmasy!
Travis-In Dec.
Spencer-Maybe on Dec.1.
Nancy-First part of Dec.
Max-After Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
4. When do you take the tree down?
Rebekah-Jan. 1st.
Travis-Jan.
Spencer-Maybe on Jan. 3rd.
Nancy-Day after Christmas!
Max-Whenever.
5. Do you like eggnog?
5. Do you like eggnog?
Rebekah-Not usually, but we bought some pumpkin egg nog this year, and YUM!
Travis-Yes, a little bit.
Spencer-Yes, Drew does too.
Spencer-Yes, Drew does too.
Nancy-YES!!!
Max-Yes.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Rebekah-I really don't have a favorite. I just love to be with my family!
Travis-A catcher's mitt.
Spencer-My hot wheels track.
Spencer-My hot wheels track.
Nancy-a plastic appaloosa horse.
Max-Drum set.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Rebekah-My brother Sam. I have no idea what excites him.
Travis-Everybody.
Spencer-Maybe Daddy.
Spencer-Maybe Daddy.
Nancy-Travis
Max-Mom cuz she always asks for cleaning stuff and I don't want to get something to work with. Sam's hard too.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Rebekah-I don't really know, maybe Drew. He's 2 and easy to please.
Travis-Everybody.
Spencer-Bria
Spencer-Bria
Nancy-Kids! Megan too.
Max-Megan, Dad too, but sometimes he asks for it then buys it for himself before Christmas!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Rebekah-Yes! I love to put up all my nativities. What a beautiful reminder and way to celebrate our Savior's birth.
Travis-Yes, one from 2006 and one from 2008 that I shot.
Spencer-Yes.
Nancy-Yes I do.
Max-No way.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Rebekah-What's that?
Travis-Uh, neither.
Spencer-I like to send Christmas cards.
Spencer-I like to send Christmas cards.
Nancy-Neither! I send a few cards.
Max-Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Rebekah-I have never received a bad gift. I have always felt loved and that's the best gift of all!
Travis-Uh, um, ummm, no comment.
Spencer-I can't think of any.
Spencer-I can't think of any.
Nancy-I don't remember. I like just about anything.
Max-Leaf blower, but I did ask for it and I do use it. It just involves work!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rebekah-That's hard! I love Christmas movies. White Christmas, Charlie Brown's Christmas, and Joy to the World are a few at the top of my list.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rebekah-That's hard! I love Christmas movies. White Christmas, Charlie Brown's Christmas, and Joy to the World are a few at the top of my list.
Travis-The one I'm writing.
Spencer-Heman Christmas Special.
Spencer-Heman Christmas Special.
Nancy-White Christmas. I like Come to the Stable too.
Max-Christmas story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Rebekah-No set time, whenever the mood hits or I see the perfect gift.
Travis-Dec. 23rd.
Spencer-Maybe in November.
Spencer-Maybe in November.
Nancy-October.
Max-Usually Christmas Eve.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Rebekah-Probably.
Travis-Yes.
Spencer-No.
Spencer-No.
Nancy-Heavens yes!
Max-Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Rebekah-I love to make Chinese Clusters at Christmas time. What don't I like to eat??? =)
Travis-Peppermint ice cream.
Spencer-Christmas cookies.
Nancy-Peppermint ice cream and eggnog.
Nancy-Peppermint ice cream and eggnog.
Max-Chinese clusters and Dreyer's peppermint ice cream.
16. Lights on the tree? Rebekah-Definitely!!!
16. Lights on the tree? Rebekah-Definitely!!!
Travis-Sure.
Spencer-Yes.
Nancy-Yes.
Max-Yeah, of course.
17. Colored or White?
17. Colored or White?
Rebekah-Colored. I love the variety and the cheerfulness of lots of color.
Travis-Yes.
Spencer-Colored because it looks more pretty!
Spencer-Colored because it looks more pretty!
Nancy-Colored.
Max-White
18. Favorite Christmas song?
Rebekah-I love O Holy Night along with about a million others!
Travis-Little Drummer Boy.
Spencer-I don't have one. No! Jingle Bells!
Nancy-Every day it changes! That's hard because I like them all.
Max-Bah humbug! Just kidding. White Christmas.
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Rebekah-I prefer to be home but I love to be with family so sometimes that means travel....
Travis-Sometimes both.
Spencer-Travel because it's more fun with more family.
Spencer-Travel because it's more fun with more family.
Nancy-Stay home.
Max-Stay home, maybe if I traveled I'd like it!
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Rebekah-Sometimes. Other times I just can't get them all.
Travis-Rudolph and that's about it.
Spencer-Francer, Dancer, Dixon, Conner, Cupid, Rudolph. That's all the ones I know.
Nancy-No. Megan can.
Max-Yes.
21. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Rebekah-I love a star. It seems to say to me 'Look for Jesus here.'
Travis-No preference.
Spencer-Star! It's like it's Jesus' birth.
Spencer-Star! It's like it's Jesus' birth.
Nancy-If I could find an angel I like it would probably be an angel, but it has to be a special one.
Max-Star.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Rebekah-Christmas morning. We open one present to the family Christmas eve.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Rebekah-Christmas morning. We open one present to the family Christmas eve.
Travis-Morning.
Spencer-One present on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas Day.
Nancy-Morning I guess. I like them both so it doesn't really matter to me.
Max-One on Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Rebekah-The chaos.
Travis-Commercialization.
Spencer-I guess I don't have anything to say.
Spencer-I guess I don't have anything to say.
Nancy-Crowds.
Max-Cold.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color?
24. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Rebekah-This year I added snowflakes on our tree. Our tree isn't the prettiest, but I love it because it's a hodge-podge of the kids crafts, memories and lots of colors!
Travis-Red and green.
Spencer-I like a painted white Christmas tree.
Nancy-Gold garland.
Nancy-Gold garland.
Max-White lights and blue bobbles.
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Rebekah-I don't remember having special
Christmas dinners, we always made a bigger deal of Christmas Eve dinner. As a kid it was usually pizza, but the past few years we've had more of a mexican theme with tamales. I love it!!!!
Travis-Whatever is cooked with love!
Spencer-A turkey.
Drew says turkeys too.
Nancy-Anything I don't have to make myself.
Max-Tamales and eggs over easy.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Rebekah-To be with family and to know the people I love are safe and happy!
Travis-I already sent a letter to Santa, it's a secret so only he knows.
Spencer-Some more hot wheels cars. (Before Christmas he would have said a gameboy and a harness.)
Nancy-Little People garage, clothes.
Max-My CD deck installed in my truck, MP3 player, Playstation, and Dark Knight.
I tag you dad!
2 comments:
Here is a little Christmas Tag. Copy and paste this post, change your answers and then tag 5 people.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper. A bag is great and recyclable, especially if it is a Trader Joe's bag.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real tree. I love a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime between black Friday or Dec. 1st. My dad always tried to get us to wait until his birthday, Dec. 17th, but I could never stand to wait that long. As a kid, picking out the tree was part of his present. Getting the tree up is what really gets me feeling Christmasy!
4. When do you take the tree down? Jan. 1st is good but Nancy puts it up early and takes it down early.
5. Do you like eggnog? YUM!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember a plastic plane I got as a 4-5 year old in Southern Cal.
7. Hardest person to buy for? If I don't know what to get I get something most people find useful or inspirational.
8. Easiest person to buy for? I leave most to Nancy so all are easy for me.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I love to put up all my nativities. What a beautiful reminder and way to celebrate our Savior's birth.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? We mail a few cards.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have never received a bad gift. I have always felt loved and that's the best gift of all!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? That's hard! I love Christmas movies. It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, and Joy to the World are a few at the top of my list.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? No set time, whenever the mood hits or I see the perfect gift.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge and Popcorn.
16. Lights on the tree? Definitely!!!
17. Colored or White? Colored. I love the variety and the cheerfulness of lots of color.
18. Favorite Christmas song? I love O Holy Night along with about a million others!
19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to be home but I love to be with family so sometimes that means travel....
20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? No.
21. Angel on the tree top or a star? I don't care, but it is always there as someone puts it there.
22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. We have opened one present to the family Christmas eve. This year we did not open any 'till Christmas morning.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic and crowds.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I will always remember a blue flocked tree we got on Portland Oregon with mostly big metallic colored ornaments.
25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Each year it is a treat to be with family and eat what ever we get or just fix special.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? To be with family and to know the people I love are safe and happy!
I tag you Travis, Spencer, Nancy, Matt & Sam
Travis, why on earth did you shoot your nativity? :)
Post a Comment