Friday, August 14, 2009

Grand Canyon

Our family got to speak in the Grand Canyon branch July 26th. We drove for about 1.5 hours, did some sight seeing and had a picnic. Then we headed to the small branch held in the Shrine of Ages Chapel. Spencer wanted to speak about King Benjamin. Here is his talk.

"My family is reading about King Benjamin in the scriptures. King Benjamin was a good king. When he got old he wanted to speak to the people. The people all came and set up their tents around the temple so they could listen.

King Benjamin told them to serve each other and keep the commandments. He taught then about Jesus. He told them to repent. He said parents should take care of their kids and not let them fight, but teach them to love each other. He told them to help others.

I think we should all listen to King Benjamin. Doing the things he said will help us be happy."

Then he bore his testimony. He did a great job. He told me he wasn't even scared because the congregation was so small!

I spoke on a conference talk entitled "His arm is sufficient" and Travis spoke about service.

After church we headed off to do a bit more sight-seeing. Isn't it beautiful?
This deer was having a snack on the side of the road as we drove by.
I'm not often thankful for the chance to speak in church, but I have to admit, this was a great experience!

No comments: