In August, I had the chance to go on a 10 day excursion with the Hualapai Cultural Deptartment through the Grand Canyon. We needed the job, so we decided I better take it!! They had to really twist my arm so that I would go. Rebekah signed my permission release and so I was off. I always knew the Grand Canyon was beautiful and amazing, but this trip added another whole new meaning to it. First of all, to see the canyon from the water looking up was breathtaking and at other times it was a very surreal experience. But the beauty of the canyon only goes so far, the real experience was seeing the beauty of the Hualapai People and how the Canyon has been their lifeblood and existence for ages. I will never look at the canyon with the same tourist eyes again. It is the ancestral home of many of my new friends.

2 comments:
Some day, Matt and I are going to have to actually go see the Grand Canyon in person...Crazy that we lived there together 7 years (Matt his whole life) and never even saw it!
I hope to have a family trip down the river one of these days. Travis how about getting on that...
Post a Comment