Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Day of School

2013-2014 here we come. My kiddos where excited to start school again but ugh! I miss them when they are gone for so long! I'm so glad they like their school and teachers. 
Spencer is really looking forward to starting Mastermind again. He's got this thing for mechanical pencils that you click on the side. He told me he doesn't want to do any sports this semester, so we plan on running together after school.

 
Drew's best friend is in a different class this year and they don't even have the same recess schedule. They were both heartbroken when they found out, but Drew is already making more of an effort to make other friends. 

Bria was thrilled to start school this year. She started school after the boys so this wasn't her real first day. I'll have to post that picture later. I tried to put her in half-day, but the first day I went to pick her up she begged to stay. She loves having a teacher and spending time with other little girls. 

Luke keeps trying to convince me he is five so he can go to school too. We are attending a music class and story time at the library. He loves to be read to and to play on Starfall.com I got a tiny little "real" vacuum that he loves to use and he's getting really good at counting, abcs and peeling his own carrots.

 


Travis is still considering signing up for a class at NAU and I'm taking a Coursera class. Learning is a favorite pastime of ours. We recognize that it is our sacred responsibility to learn all we can that is good and true. We hope to have an inspiring year as we acquire new knowledge that will bless our futures and hopefully others as well! 

No comments: