-I can speak 6 languages.
-I love books! I sometimes studied for 15 hours a day.
-I was once nearly captured by British soldiers.
-I wrote the Declaration of Independence when I was 33.
-I was the 3rd president of the United States.
Here is Spencer's written report.
Mystery
History
Important Characteristics
Hi, this is Thomas Jefferson. I was
born on April 13, 1743 in Albemarle County, Virginia. I am the third of 6
sisters and 3 brothers. My family was very wealthy. My mother is from a wealthy
family from Scotland. I love to read and learn. I learned how to read and write
when I was five. My father died when I was about 14, but my mother made sure I
had a very good education. I went to collage when I was 17 and graduated with
highest honors. I love nature. I am a good artist and musician. Reading is my
favorite pass time. I can speak six languages. I
was the third president and the second vice president under John Adams. We had
very different views of the government ways. I died at my home on July 4, 1826
in Monticello Virginia, 5 hours before John Adams. I was 82 years old.
Important Contributions
I wrote the first draft of the Declaration of Independence, I
was the first secretary of state, and I was also America's second
vice-president under John Adams. We had very different views of what government
should do. I was the third president of the United States of America. I
purchased the Louisiana Territory. I co-founded the Democratic-Republican Party
with James Madison. I started the Lewis and Clark expedition. I love mostly
every subject and gave hundreds of books to James Madison so he could do
research and learn how to make a good government.
Effects on Society
I
believed that people have natural rights. Government should protect your
natural rights. We should chose for ourselves, and the government shouldn’t
chose for you in most things. Even my opponents
were inspired by some of my ideas. People that believed my theories were
called Jeffersonian-Republicans.
Our
world is a better place because I
read about governments that worked and didn’t work so I could help make a
better government. I like to say, “Ideas are the
most powerful tool people can use.”
1 comment:
Spencer,
I love your knowing about these facts about 30 years younger than me. Great job.
Post a Comment