Luke went in for his second surgery on March 9th. It lasted about 2.5 hours. Dr. Ritchey and Dr. Singh were the attending surgeons. They were both sure Luke would need a graft but he ended up not needing one. Amazing! We are so thankful for the fasting and prayer of so many and especially for the goodness of a loving Heavenly Father.
Aunt Karen is an angel (as if we didn't already know that.) She took Spencer Drew and Bria for 3 days and 2 nights. Luke was able to have all the attention and quiet time he needed those first few days. I was sick with fever and sniffles so it was such a blessing to have her help. Nana and Papa brought us dinner the night of the surgery and they took the boys last night. We have once again been the recipients of an outpouring of charity and love. I am so thankful for the blessing of a loving family. I know Luke was in the thoughts and prayers of our family in Idaho too and that means so much to us.
By the day after surgery Luke was kicking his legs with all the vim and vigor he has always had. He choose the week after surgery to learn to crawl. He is doing so well I continue to be amazed at his resiliency.
No comments:
Post a Comment