Mom mom told me about this great website foodstoragemadeeasy.net. I really enjoyed doing this 7-day challenge they put on. Check it out and see how prepared you are! I attempted to complete each task. Here are a few things I learned.
Day 1: Natural Disaster -”It’s a Flood”
Make sure your 72 hour kit is fresh enough to eat! We had to leave the house and could only eat this food while we were out. This challenge helped me focus on getting my emergency kit in an accessible location. Grab it and run!
Day 2: Pandemic -”Time for Quarantine”
This day was a good reminder to get stocked up on meds you may need in an emergency where you can't get to the store.
Day 3: Every Day Emergency -”Dinner Guests?!?!”
Normally, having unexpected company for dinner would stress me out, but since no one was actually coming to impress, it was a breeze. I had plenty of choices on hand. I think I will always keep stuff for a nice dinner on short notice around. My husband is good at pulling this one on me! =)
Day 4: Economic Crisis -”Money is TIGHT!”
For this challenge we had to pretend our water got shut off. How on earth do you manage with out water!!!! I have water storage, but running water is something I hope I never have to live without!!!! I could really use some more practice at this.
Day 5: Natural Disaster -”Earthquake!”
No water again! Cooking with out power is something I need to work on too. I don't have my pictures and other data backed up. Yikes!
Day 6: Diet Disaster -”Healthy lifestyle”
Since we often think about eating healthy around here this challenge was easy for me. It's not eating the good stuff that's hard, it's not eating the bad!
Day 7: Every Day Emergency -”Why Didn’t you Ask for this Sooner?”
This challenge required making a yummy dessert without fresh milk, eggs, or butter. I have often considered buying the cans of powdered butter and eggs. We already use powdered milk regularly. Since I didn't have the other stuff I made a dessert that didn't require it. And boy was it yummy!!!
1 comment:
This is awesome advice!!! I'm going to do this! (Travis)
Post a Comment