Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break in Mesa

We very spontaneously went to Mesa for a day during Spring break.  When we got to my parents house Casper, Megan's cockatoo gave us a warm and very noisy welcome.  We played outside and hung out with Uncle Max for awhile.  Later we got to go see Uncle Sam's new apartment.  He is moving from Scottsdale to Mesa Drive and Brown.  We are excited for him to be moving closer.  Maybe we will get to see him now when we are in town.  
Here are the steps that lead up to his new pad.
Now we won't forget which one he lives in!
That afternoon we got to visit with Aunt Linda, Kristy and her two kids, Josie and Emmet who were visiting from Utah.  Then we ran home to see GG and Aunt Carla who was here from Texas.  We had a great visit and had dinner with them. Some how I always forget I own a camera at times like this.  How I wish I had some pictures!  The boys got to sleep on Aunt Karen's cots just like I did when I was a little girl.  Gotta love those cots!  Spencer, who always has trouble falling asleep, played on the couch for awhile before catching some much needed zzz's.

The next morning Aunt Karen took us out to Superstition Springs Mall to ride the carousel with Kristy's kids.  I lived with Aunt Linda for a few months way back when.  Kristy shared her room with me.  It was fun to see her with her cute kids Josie and Emmett.

This little cutie is Emmett I think he is about 2 or 3 months old.  He was mostly asleep when I was around.

The carousel was two stories.  Josie rode on the bottom and the boys picked the top (of course.)
When I asked Drew if he liked the carousel he said, "My like to ride on the bottom and top!"  He loved it.

Spencer really wanted to ride on the white tiger, but settled for this awesome gorilla instead.


After a yummy corn dog lunch Aunt Karen went on the second round with the boys.  It was a super fun outing.  Thanks Aunt Karen, we had a great time!!!

From the mall, my kids and I drove out to see a good friend in Queen Creek, then back to Mesa to swim at Aunt Karen's.  After a quick and delicious dinner we hit the road for home.  The boys absolutely wanted to stay.  Even though it was a quick trip, it was fun and we are so glad we got to go!

No comments: